SSBN Strategic Weapons Systems Analyst
Introduction: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a System Analyst.
Job Summary: The individual will be a system analyst in support of the Test and Evaluation of the Trident II Strategic Weapon System (SWS). Responsibilities include performing technical analysis of data collected from various events and documenting the results. This individual will serve as a System Leader for the Trident II SWS Patrol Analyses to include Upkeep and Patrol Quick Looks (QLs) and Trident Analysis Reports (TARs). They will also support special studies as necessary.
- System Leader for Trident II upkeep/patrol Quick Looks and Trident Analysis Reports. (50%)
- Provide technical analysis and insight in responding to questions from the sponsor and the fleet relating to Trident II flight testing and data analysis. (30%)
- Lead technical studies related to Trident II Strategic Weapon System and Trident II operations. (20%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- BS or equivalent in engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent level of relevant experience
- 3 years of experience and thorough understanding of Trident II SWS operations and test programs
- Experience in leadership of tasks that involve multiple staff and multiple disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively work with all levels of staff and supervisors. Demonstrated initiative, motivation, flexibility and interest in working in a team environment.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 5 years of experience in Trident SWS operations and analysis
Special Working Conditions: Occasional trips to sponsor’s office at the Washington Navy Yard and to other Navy facilities as required.
Security: Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for a NAC/LAC (National Agency Check/Local Agency Check) and access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top