Spacecraft Mechanical Technician
- Flight hardware assembly/test/documentation
- Ground support equipment assembly/test/documentation
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years experience with assembly and test of structures
- 3 years experience with assembly and test of mechanisms
- Experience working under the direction of a mechanical engineer
- Experience working as part of a team
- 3 years experience with assembly and test of spaceflight structures
- 3 years experience with assembly and test of spaceflight mechanisms
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Experience influencing the design of flight and ground support hardware
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top