Spacecraft Battery Engineer
Are you searching for meaningful work in Spacecraft Battery development?
Are you passionate about Space?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Spacecraft Battery Engineer to contribute to spacecraft power system battery development on Civil Space and National Security Space missions, from concept development through integration and test.
As a Spacecraft Battery Engineer you will...
- Lead APL battery development for multiple programs
- Contribute to battery mechanical and thermal packaging design and production
- Prepare test plans and procedures
- Perform characterization and life testing for multiple missions
- Battery test/monitoring equipment development
- Prepare specifications and statements of work for subcontracted procurements.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations on potential use
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in in Engineering or related technical field.
- 5-10 years of experience with spacecraft battery development and test.
- Experience in battery packaging design.
- Familiarity with lithium ion cell chemistries, safety, and failure modes.
- Familiarity with thermal runaway mitigation for spaceflight.
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- M.S. in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in spacecraft power system engineering.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top