Space Systems Engineer - V&V
- Laurel, MD
Do you have experience in space systems engineering?
Do you want to be part of a team exploring our solar system or pioneering space missions that enhance our national security?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an experienced space systems engineer to help us in validation and verification of our civil and national security space missions. This engineer must be organized and team oriented with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks and quickly respond to issues and questions
As a Space Systems V&V Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to leadthe development and verification of mission system requirements
- You will engagewith spacecraft subsystem leads and ground system leads to define and documentsubsystem requirements
- You will workwith system engineering team on trade studies
- You will developa V&V plan for system level testing
- You will architectthe necessary test environments to support system V&V
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- BS degree in Systems, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 10 years of experience in those areas as described
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to work as a team leader
- Electrical hardware and/or software design and test experience
- If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have
- Masters in Engineering
- Experience in spacecraft flight hardware or flight software design, development and/or V&V
- Experience using IBM Rational DOORS or DOORS Next Generation requirements tool
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top