Space Systems Architecture Modeler
Areyou motivated to apply your systems engineering expertise to inform the futureof our nation's space control architecture?
Areyou a quick learner with strong communications skills?
Areyou searching for a collaborative, gratifying work environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team of space systems engineers at APL.
We are seeking asystems architect to perform model-based systems engineering (MBSE) developmentof space missions and systems-of-systems modeling for space controlarchitectures.
As a Systems Architect you will...
- Advance space control architecture models thathelp define sponsor needs and inform future procurement/development
- Derive the driving requirements (mission-levelor key performance parameters (KPPs)) for proposed missions or architecturesrequired to meet sponsor objectives
- Develop and model space mission concepts forNASA or other sponsors
- Work with sponsor to understand architectureneeds and operations flows
- Perform design and requirements trades usingdeveloped models
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a B.S. in engineering or related technical field
- Have at least 10 years systems engineering experience
- Have experience with System-of-Systems / Family-of-Systemsengineering
- Possess knowledge of space systems, space dynamics, andspace environments
- Have systems architecting experience with SysML(Enterprise Architect or Magic Draw experience preferred)
- Have MATLAB experience
- Have experience with a programming language such as JAVAor Python
- Have the ability to develop and work with activity flowsand finite state machines
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a M.S. or higher in engineering or related technical field
- Have analyticalmodeling experience using Systems Tool Kit (STK) and Orbit Determination ToolKit (ODTK)
- Are able to obtain TS/SCI or TS/SCI poly level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top