Space Protection Engineer/Analyst (Colorado Springs, CO)
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Program Security Assurance Manager to the National Security Space Mission Area.
Summary: Serve as the subject matter expert for APL’s Colorado Springs on-site presence working with the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP). The SSDP is a Joint Department of Defense (DoD) and Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) organization established to function as the center of excellence for options and strategies (materiel, nonmateriel, cross-Title, cross-domain) leading to a more resilient and enduring National Security Space (NSS) Enterprise.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all efforts within SSDP related to analysis, options and strategies (materiel, nonmateriel, cross-Title, cross-domain) leading to a more resilient and enduring National Security Space (NSS) Enterprise.
- Conduct analysis and develop technical products in support of tasking from within SSDP.
- Educate the sponsor and other members on APL tools/capabilities/skills APL can provide in support SSDP.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- BS degree or equivalent in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Astro Physics or similar field with 8 years of experience.
- Current TS/SCI clearance with willingness work Special Access Programs
- In-depth understanding of astrodynamics; architecture and requirements development; systems engineering; risk analysis; space situational awareness sensors, systems, techniques, tactics, procedures and operations; space control operations; satellite/constellation system design; and missile defense systems.
- 10 years of experience with a Master’s Degree in appropriate technical field.
- Experience in space systems analysis, space control systems, architectures and requirements development, physics-based modeling, Systems Tool Kit, MATLAB, SOAP, and Enterprise Architect.
- Experience in leading technical teams of a least 4-6 people
- Demonstrated adaptability in the workplace.
- Special Access Program experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with high-ranking military and civilians. Should be comfortable with briefing a 2-star (and above) on a regular basis.
Special Working Conditions: Will be working in a closed environment. Extended hours periodically required. Valid state driver’s license required. Travel as required to Laurel MD and other sponsor locations.
Security: TS/SCI Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Back to top