Space Planning Specialist
Are you an architect, interior designer, facility manager or planner with a passion for collaborating with other designers and creative professionals? Do you enjoy figuring out how to make the best use of office space?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team.
APL's Campus Development team embraces a culture of collaboration and shared expertise of our best designers, our strongest thinkers and our most creative professionals.
Please include a link to a portfolio or work samples in your resume when applying or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Space Planning Specialist you will...
- Assist with planning and managing the utilization of interior space including office, technical laboratory and common areas under the guidance of the Space Planner and Manager.
- Maintain the space management database including coordination with stakeholders, identifying and resolving system defects and enhancements, data validation and quality audits.
- Validate and analyze current data, including field verification, desktop audits and periodic space data analysis and reporting.
- Communicate recommendations in written reports and graphic presentations; producing graphic charts and diagrams for visual display; illustrating organizational, operational and functional relationships that present physical and spatial impacts; prepare plans, schedules, block and stack fit plans as required.
- Collaborate with facility Project Teams to achieve space planning objectives and resolve project issues; including actively participating in requirements gathering and securing approvals for project implementation; recommend, negotiate and implement space allocation assignments to include developing and executing phasing plans for relocation and sequencing based on physical space requirements.
You meet our minimum qualifications if you..
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Design, Management, Real Estate or related field.
- Have 4 years' experience in occupancy, space planning and/ or space management for academic or corporate environments.
- Possess a professional registration or are on a professional registration track.
- Have production experience with Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD.
- Are familiar with IWMS/CAFM systems, particularly IBM Tririga, and Revit.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present concepts and ideas to all levels of staff
- Are knowledgeable of construction methods and procedures.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Possess a valid Driver's License, as you will routinely operate APL vehicles and if selected, will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record check.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance programs, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top