Space Electrical Components Test Coordinator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Space Electrical Components Test Coordinator responsible for all aspects of test coordination in the test and inspection section, including scheduling and tracking of jobs for both internal and external testing, with the Space Power and Component Engineering Group in the JHUAPL Space Exploration Section.
- Request, receive, review External Test Quotes
- Vendor correspondence
- SEP Internal Documentation (Lot Jeopardies and non-conformance)
- Records retention to facilitate reconciliation
- MRP database management
- Provide Status Reports on workflow
- Effectively communicate planning and execution of work to engineering and technicians
- Ability to read/write Work Order Authorizations (WOA's)
- Perform inspections on parts as necessary
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or more years of professional experience in electrical, electronic, electromechanical (EEE) parts.
- Experience with scheduling/tracking of testing jobs, fabrication efforts, and assembly in a Space environment.
- Must possess knowledge and familiarity with military and/or space industry specifications.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of an integrated team with limited supervision.
- High degree of initiative and excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills (oral and written) and ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases.
Associates Degree in electronic technology or equivalent.
Special Working Conditions: Type special working conditions (travel, working in closed areas, extended hours) here.
Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top