Software-Defined Radio Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a software-defined radio engineer.
Job Summary: The candidate will lead a team of engineers in the development and production of software-defined radios and radio components including; mixed signal hardware, FPGA architecture and implementation, automated test equipment, and software.
- Manage and lead a team of interdisciplinary engineers
- Architect radio processor, FPGA general purpose and custom processing circuits, real-time software, and user interface software
- Develop and document analyses, test plans, test procedure, and user guides
- Architect radio hardware
- MS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 7-10 years of experience in digital logic design, FPGA/ASIC development, and mixed signal hardware design.
- 3 or more years of experience in team leadership, product management, and/or product level design.
- Familiarity with RF circuit design, RF system design and/or communications systems.
- Demonstrated leadership traits such as strong technical capability, clear thinking, good interpersonal skills, and effective communications skills.
- Experience in developing hardware or software for radios, radar, and/or software-defined radios.
- Experience in designing for highly constrained applications and environment; radiation mitigation, low power consumption and high reliability.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top