- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about building impactful solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Do you value working in a creative, collaborative environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We develop software systems to address challenging national security problems that enable planning and decision making in domains as diverse as active threat deterrence, signal intelligence, cyber operations, machine learning, image processing, and applied data analytics. We want talented individuals who can work as part of a team to design, implement, test, document, and maintain software applications that provide highly impactful capabilities. You will develop application software and web applications for novel RF signal exploitation and communication systems for the special operations and intelligence community.
As a member of our team, you will...
- Primarily design, implement, and test software solutions for advanced RF exploitation and communication applications. You will work closely with signal processing and communication engineers to develop overall solutions that support sponsor needs.
- Document work in formal technical reports and informal memoranda as well as present work to sponsors and the technical community.
- Participate in field evaluation of applications and modify/update software according to test results and in response to emergent technical and operational requirements.
You'll meet our minimum requirements if you …
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years of experience using Java, C , or Python.
- Are able to work effectively in small, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Are eligible for DoD Secret clearance. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are able to do limited travel to sponsor sites.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you …
- Possess a Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or equivalent.
- Have a willingness to work on quick-reaction projects in support of sponsor's operational requirements.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top