Software Engineer for M&S Development
Do you have experience with software engineering modeling and simulation?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Software Engineer for M&S development, you will...
Develop software for a large, medium-fidelity multiple combat system performance simulation.
- Develop an understanding of the code base for the simulation framework integrating multiple combat system models.
- Work in a software engineering team environment to integrate existing combat system simulations, design and develop code to represent current and future combat systems, force-level interactions (e.g., sensor and weapon coordination), environmental effects and the response of the combat systems to simulated degradations.
- Design, develop, and execute automated regression tests to ensure the accuracy of the simulation.
- Support development and improvement of the simulation framework.
- Work closely with combat system analysts to understand new functionality needs, interpret results, diagnose and rectify bugs, and to collectively define the future growth path of the simulation.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this positionif you have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience with C and/or C programming languages.
- Knowledge and application of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working successfully within a team environment either in school or in the workplace including summer internships.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Active Secret or ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a governmentsecurity clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access toclassified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'llgo above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Three or more years of software engineering experience utilizing C/C to develop modeling and simulation tools.
- Proven success working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied PhysicsLaboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most criticaldefense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection ofchallenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APLpromotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefitsand healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top