Software Engineer for Ground Data Processing (Chantilly, VA)
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Research Engineer.
Job Summary: Research engineer needed to develop, implement, and test data processing algorithms and software that will support advanced sense-making capabilities.
- Develop, implement, and test algorithms and software in accordance with sponsor research team’s program objectives and expectations.
- Refine and integrate existing applications for use in new domains and new programs.
- Contribute to group-focused research, process enhancement, and tool evaluation.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- B.S. in physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- 1-4 years of experience developing algorithms and software using Python, Java, C , or a similar language.
- Self-starter with strong analysis, written and oral communication, and research skills.
- Experienced with Linux and Windows.
- TS/SCI clearance
Desired Qualifications: M.S. or Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or equivalent. Familiar with state estimation and control theory, stochastic state machines, non-linear systems, and modeling and simulation. Current active TS/SCI.
Special Working Conditions: Job location is in Chantilly, Virginia.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top