Does the idea ofcreating a virtual environment to provide realistic training excite you?
Do you want tocontribute to and lead work that is essential to ensuring the operationalreadiness of US major weapons systems?
Do you love to be astrong advocate for your teammates, learn new programming techniques andcontinuously improve your organization?
If so, we're looking forsomeone like you to join the Special Concepts and Engineering DevelopmentGroup, KBD.
We are seeking a dynamicand creative software engineer to help us with software development, physics‐based modeling and simulation, and 3D visualization across avariety of multi‐disciplinary projects.
As a Senior Software andSystems Development Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be software development to include Windows-based and/or Web-deployed simulation and physics based modeling and simulation, 3D visualization, collision modeling, advanced distributed simulation technologies, immersive human-machine interfaces (VR/AR), and interactive data display methods.
- You will lead Software Engineer tasking including execution of concept-to-delivery processes (Software support of product lines, set requirements, scheduling, cost estimations, detailed design, implementation, testing and documentation).
- You will engage with our customers and provide capabilities overviews and briefings.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science and relevant professional level experience to include software development skills, with experience in object-oriented design.
- Have experience with the agile development process and source control software such as Git .
- Work effectively in a team environment and be able to multi-task and support multiple development projects concurrently.
- Have strong initiative, creativity, breadth of experience, and a desire to learn.
- Are able to obtain a Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou...
- Have a Master's degree in Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Have experience with Windows-based development, simulation interoperability protocols (e.g., HLA), mission-level simulations (e.g., JSAF), physical dynamics and numerical methods, multi-threaded applications, GUI design, UML, OpenGL, and DirectX APIs, visualization, 3d object collision detection and resolution, virtual and augmented reality, and GIS systems.
- Have augmented/Virtual Reality development experience with Oculus, Vive, or Hololens.
- Are familiar or experience with software engineering tools such as Visual C , OpenSceneGraph, Microsoft.NET, MATLAB, Python, PHP, Windows, SQL, PERL, Unix, cross-platform knowledge, and MS Office.
- Have knowledge of content creation tools such as Blender, Photoshop and experience with moblie app development.
- Have experience with computer graphics, Advance Unix Programming, Computer Architecture, NVIDIA Cuda code, Optimization
- Have Game Developer experience, simulationdevelopment, core engines, and an understanding of networking andcyber-security.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top