Software Developer for ISRT Scientific Applications
Would you take pride in developing software that will beused by US military personnel to achieve their missions Intelligence,Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting?
Do you want to work on a team researching and developinginnovative ways to produce impactful information from many different types ofsensors and sources of data?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking a creative software developer to help us design,build, test, assess, and field the next generation of ISRT and Counter-ISRTcapabilities for the US military. Our technicalteam applies diverse disciplines such as sensor and data fusion, signal andimage processing, operations research, applied physics, and artificialintelligence to build systems that automatically or autonomously orchestratesensors, process data into information, and make intelligent inferences andpredictions about complex threats and environments. Our work enables the US military toneutralize a wider variety of serious threats from safer distances than theycould otherwise accomplish; improves the safety, survivability, andeffectiveness of US air, naval, and ground forces; and disrupts the ability ofpotential adversaries to threaten our forces.
As a Software Developer for ISRT Scientific Applications ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to contributeto teams implementing prototype and deployable software applications thatrealize advanced ISRT capabilities.
- You will contribute to teams developing softwareapplications that implement new techniques in signal processing, imageprocessing, multi-sensor data fusion, and multi-sensor resource optimization.
- You will contribute to teams developing new simulationcapabilities and analytical tools.
- You will contribute to teams developing userinterfaces, visualizations, and network/web services.
- You will contribute to field tests andexperiments, including planning, execution, and analysis of results.
- You will document and present your work product toproject leads, sponsors, and technical workshops and conferences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in computer science,software engineering, or other related field.
- Have at least one year of work experience, orsignificant internship experience, in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience developing scientificand engineering applications in programming languages such as C , Java,MATLAB, and Python and in Linux environments.
- Have strong inter-personal and writtencommunications skills.
- Have the ability to work and collaborate effectivelyin a team environment.
- Have the ability to multi-task, supportmultiple, concurrent projects, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Are willing and able to work a portion of thetime in secure, closed areas and travel occasionally to government sites andcontractor facilities (local and non-local).
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI-level securityclearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearanceinvestigation and must meet the requirements for access to classifiedinformation. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou...
- Have a Master's degree in computer science,software engineering, or other related field.
- Have at least three years of workexperience in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience as a full stackdeveloper building web applications.
- Have domain knowledge in ISR processes, systems,platforms, and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
- Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI-levelsecurity clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes aculture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits andhealthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washingtonmetro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top