SharePoint Collaboration Specialist
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Energetic self-starter to perform the day to day operational tasks of the collaboration, Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS), and internal enterprise portal environments, provides design guidance for collaboration sites, and work with customers to resolve issues.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
1) Consult with all levels of staff members on the creation, design and enhancement of SharePoint 2013 collaboration sites (20%)
2) Support and advise staff members in their day-to-day use of the SharePoint collaboration environments – providing one to one or group training when necessary (20%)
3) Support the Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS) built on SharePoint 2013 (20%)
4) Design and implement enterprise web content in SharePoint environments based on user and business needs using native SharePoint capabilities (lists, libraries, web part pages), content editor tools and front end code (20%)
5) Combine SharePoint skills with content management abilities (including metadata, search engine optimization and dynamic content techniques) to develop innovative solutions for content presentation, including copy, multimedia, and workflow (10%)
6) Work with Service Manager to identify areas for content and process improvement (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Information management, Web management) or equivalent years of professional level IT experience
- 3 years of experience with SharePoint 2010 or better in a collaboration or Web content management system environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (can explain complex technical Web processes to non-technical customers)
- Knowledge of Web usability standards and best practices
- 2 or more years of practical experience working in website management or content management
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation
- Display and use of interactive technology and new media (video, graphics, RSS feeds, etc.)
- Experience using web analytics reports to find patterns and make improvements
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top