Senior Voice Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Do you love designing and operating enterprise phone systems?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Voice Engineer to help us design, manage, and operate our enterprise voice and collaboration platforms. Our group is an inclusive and diverse mix of professionals that like to explore, build, innovate, and collaborate. Every day we address exciting new challenges and help our customers achieve their objectives.
As a Senior Voice Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be supporting the Laboratory's Cisco CUCM, UCCX, Jabber, CWMS, SaaS Webex, MS Teams, and Zoom systems.
- Expect to be involved daily in challenging Tier III operational system development. The support we need will include maintenance of all voice and collaboration platforms, as well as hardware and software upgrades and repairs.
- As a valued team member, we will rely on you to get going quickly and provide operational support for PRI and SIP circuits, UC servers, Layer 2/3 switches, voice gateways, analog lines and end point devices and will address voice and collaboration infrastructure problems and incidents with vendors/tier IV.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline or equivalent years of professional work experience in similar field.
- At least five years of professional experience, with two years in VoIP/collaboration architectures.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships with teams across the organization and function well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco CUCM, and or similar and cutting edge technologies in unified communications.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Have the ability to work occasional weekends. Other after hours work required to meet high priority project/work-related business needs.
- Hold an active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Master's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Telecommunications Engineering
- Experience in the architecture, design, and implementation of unified communications and online collaboration technologies
- Experience in global dial plans
Why work at APL
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top