Senior Subcontract Administrator
Introduction: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Sr. Subcontract Administrator.
Job Summary: Independently administer technically and administratively complex subcontracts and other agreements from pre-award up to close-out in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and organizational procedures. Provide high quality support to time-critical programs and demanding internal customers.
- Partner with program staff on procurement planning and Statement of Work (SOW) development; prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs); evaluate subcontractor proposals; conduct negotiations; prepare subcontract documentation (including detailed cost/price analyses); award subcontracts; monitor and report on subcontractor performance; initiate corrective action if performance falters; evaluate and approve invoices for payment; execute subcontract modifications in response to changing requirements; and prepare subcontracts for transfer to the close-out office. (50%)
- Serve as the lead for procurement planning, proposal support, pre- and post-award status reporting, and training for the subcontracting requirements of all programs within an APL department or business area. Partner with program staff and add value to programs such that the lead becomes a sought after and trusted business partner. (25%)
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements to subcontracting and APL business processes, tools, templates and forms aimed at increasing efficiency, productivity, and flexibility. (10%)
- Mentor and train junior subcontract administrators in close coordination with their line supervisors. (10%)
- Other duties as required (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent years of professional contracts or subcontracts working experience.
- Eight or more years of professional level experience in Subcontracts or Prime Contracts applying an in-depth knowledge of the FAR and government contracting.
- Proficiency analyzing, negotiating, awarding and administering all standard types of contracts (fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, incentive, time-and-material, indefinite-delivery) and ability to form non-standard agreements tailored to non-standard requirements.
- Ability to partner effectively with technical/program staff, independently solve complex problems, multi-task, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- High-level of competence in the MS Office suite.
Advanced degree. Expertise performing complex cost/price analyses. Professional certification (CFCM, CPCM).
Special Working Conditions:
Must be available to work in Laurel, MD during APL’s core business hours – i.e. Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top