Senior Software Engineer (El Segundo, CA)
- El Segundo, CA
Are you a premier software developer looking to support system analysis and design while applying your domain expertise in developing cloud native applications while applying Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), and Automated Tests principles and best practices?
Do you want to collaborate with world-class software developers and system engineers and grow your domain expertise while solving problems of national importance?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a software developer to help us advance our nation’s next generation software-intensive systems. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, software developers, and analysts working together in a collaborative and dynamic environment. As a member of our team, you will contribute to developing cutting-edge prototype solutions for emerging challenges in national security.
As a Senior Software Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be providing technical mentorship to the customer, collaborating with prime developers throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC), and providing inputs to overall system design and analysis
- You’ll partner with prime developers to design and automate the CI/CD pipelines and workflow using infrastructure-as-code and industry best practices
- You’ll conduct and participate in program increment planning, sprint demonstrations, and integrated test events, ensuring close coupling between customer needs and other ongoing system development activities
- You’ll code when necessary and review code for software quality and conduct analysis on software architecture, design patterns, and industry-best-practice-based implementation
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have BS degree in Computer Science
- Have 4 years of experience with software development tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, Gradle, Junit, Clover, Fortify, Dockers, Kubernetes, Cucumber, Selenium and Artifactory
- Are highly skilled in integrating and automating the software development workflow and toolchain to implement Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment pipelines using at least one or more programming languages and framework (e.g., Python,Java, .Net, PHP)
- Hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S citizenship.
- Are willing and able to work in a closed area (e.g., Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility - SCIF) and travel frequently to support Program Increment Planning and Sprint Demonstration events
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements of you…
- Have a MS in Computer Science degree
- Have 7 years of experience working as a software developer and hands-on experience applying SAFe and DevSecOps on large software project
- Have 3 years of experience in designing information technology (IT) architecture at a data center
- Hold current certifications such as Leading SAFe®, SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, SAFe® Release Train Engineer, SAFe® Scrum Master, SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master, Implementing SAFe®, and/or SAFe® for Teams
- Domain expertise in two or more programming languages & frameworks
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top