Senior Software Architect
Senior Software Architect
Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country's toughest national security problems?
Do you love building and prototyping robust software systems?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
Our team provides creative solutions and insights to the DoD and IC. We are seeking talented engineers, scientists, and software developers to help us deliver groundbreaking capabilities to our sponsors. As part of our team you will be responsible for the design and development of software applications for use in the engineering and deployment of novel RF communications devices and systems for the DoD and IC.
As a Software Architect ...
- You will work closely with other specialists to develop applications (Microsoft Windows, Linux, libraries, embedded, DSP, etc.) and tools used for data acquisition, control, and analysis associated with advanced RF communication technologies.
- You will implement current and develop new communication protocols for cross-platform processing.
- You will rapidly migrate real-time data analysis tools and signal exploitation algorithms to platform specific applications.
- You will participate in field evaluation of applications. This could include rapidly prototyping in response to emergent technical and operational requirements.
- You will develop and document formal and informal software requirements and specifications from written high-level specifications and simulations of operational algorithms to support development and testing. Document and present work to sponsors and the technical community.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
Are you up for the job? We are actively searching for someone who…
- Has a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or equivalent.
- Has 8 years of experience developing software applications for Microsoft Windows or Linux.
- Proven experience developing software in Java, C# or in C/C .
- Has strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently or manage a team of developers, and demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-organizational team.
We would be even more impressed by someone who...
- Has a PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or equivalent.
- Has 15 years of experience.
- Has experience with cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Has proven experience with one or more database technologies such as SQL server, MongoDB, SQLite, or MySQL
- Understands basic RF communications and digital signal processing concepts.
- Has experience with Matlab, experience migrating Matlab code to stand-alone applications.
- Is willing to work on quick-reaction projects in support of the sponsor's operational requirements.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Limited travel may be required. Must be eligible for DOD clearance requiring background investigation and/or CI polygraph. Preference for current SSBI.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Back to top