Senior RF Seeker Engineer
Are you passionate about providingour warfighters with the tools they need to prevail over their adversaries?
Do you love contributing to thedevelopment of groundbreaking US military weapon systems?
Are you searching for a chance tocreate state of the art radio frequency (RF) seekers?
If so, we're looking for someonelike you to join us at APL.
We are seeking an RF seekerauthority to help us develop creative seeker designs for integration intoadvanced U.S. weapon systems. The weapons that we develop are vital tomaintaining the U.S. Department of Defense's technological advantage overadversaries. You'll be joining our hardworking, deeply knowledgeable team ofengineers dedicated to developing innovative weapons for employment in complexfuture battle spaces. You will provide vital contributions within a highlyreciprocal team environment that values inclusivity and diversity of thought.
As a Senior RF Seeker Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to design RF seekers for advanced weapons, including air-breathing and boost-glide hypersonic weapons. You will collaborate with a diverse team of highly skilled engineers and scientists to integrate your designs into comprehensive, "all up round" weapon designs.
- You will use existing or develop new analytical tools and software to help you predict and analyze the performance of your seeker designs.
- You will conduct RF seeker prototyping, test and evaluation within hardware in the loop facilities and during live-fire field tests.
- You will research, investigate, and experiment with new seeker technologies to identify creative RF seeker approaches to meeting difficult RF seeker requirements.
- You will be responsible for assisting group leadership with defining and implementing a growth and training plan for the RF seeker section to best serve the engineering needs of our programs. We are counting on your vision and leadership for our team's future success.
You meet our minimum qualificationsfor the job if you...
- Possess a MS degree in electrical engineering, physics or a related field.
- Have 15 years of RF seeker engineering experience.
- Possess excellent knowledge in radar physics, including: radar waveforms, electromagnetic wave propagation, radar signal processing, automatic target recognition, target tracking and missile decision logic theory.
- Have experience with developing integrated missile avionics designs including RF seekers, trackers and guidance, navigation and control systems.
- Are a U.S. citizen and are able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance by your start date. Upon selection, a government security clearance investigation will be initiated to obtain a final secret clearance and to ensure the requirements for accessing classified information are met.
You'll go above and beyond our minimumrequirements if you...
- Possess a PhD in a related technical field.
- Have experience writing and implementing RF seeker algorithms within six degree or freedom missile simulations.
- Have RF hardware experience.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University AppliedPhysics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's mostchallenging defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wideselection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistanceprogram, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoygenerous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants that meet the minimumqualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard torace, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top