Senior Research Analyst
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. is seeking a Senior Research Analyst.
Job Summary: Conduct and/or lead mission-level analyses for DoD and other government sponsors associated with national security, including a wide range of military/warfare/mission areas.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Conduct and/or lead mission-level analyses of systems, tactics, techniques and procedures related to national security and other related military, homeland defense, or interagency operations (50%)
- Lead study efforts for DoD, DHS, and other Federal government clients related to a full range of national security topics (25%)
- Develop analysis plans, identify effectiveness measures and data requirements, conduct analyses, interpret, document, and communicate results to sponsors to include insight and recommendations on future challenges to existing systems (15%)
- Develop strategies for future studies and analysis in support of the National Security Analysis Mission Area and other Mission Areas through engagement with current and potential sponsors and subject matter experts within the national security domain (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- M.S. or equivalent in operations research, engineering, the physical sciences, mathematics or a related scientific/technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in leading and/or supporting DoD DHS, and other Federal government client studies or analyses.
- Superb oral and written communications skills; ability to articulate complex issues to senior decision makers.
- Strong ability to formulate defensible analytical approaches to achieve study objectives.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- PhD in operations research, engineering, the physical sciences, mathematics, economics, national security studies, strategic studies, or public policy.
- Familiarity with wargaming, modeling and simulation, study design, decision support methodologies, and other analytical tools used by DoD, DHS, or other Federal agencies.
Special Working Conditions: Domestic travel to sponsor and contractor facilities for meetings and reviews.
Security: An Active Secret Clearance is required. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top