Senior Radar System Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you interested in playing a critical role in fielding the US Navy's next-generation family of radars? Do you enjoy working in a creative environment with a team of highly motivated radar engineers? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking senior Radar Engineers to help field the next generation of Advanced Surface Navy radars. You will participate in live radar testing and analyze recorded data to gain insights into performance, and identify problems that impact meeting mission requirements. Study advanced radar performance using detailed physics-based simulations. Develop algorithms to improve performance using recorded and modeled data.
As a Senior Radar System Engineer, you will...
- Creatively apply your technical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Apply signal and data processing tools, including machine learning, to large data sets to develop novel algorithms.
- Investigate and address problems due to emergent phenomenology.
- Lead teams of radar, combat system, and missile engineers.
- Present analysis to sponsors and prime contractors to advise and guide program direction.
- Develop tasking to address future program needs in collaboration with program managers.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have a...
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical field with at least 5 years of systems engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of radars and/or physics-based phenomena affecting radar or communications systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have a...
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical field.
- Experience with advanced DoD radars and combat systems.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top