Senior PeopleSoft Developer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Senior PeopleSoft Developer.
Design and develop software applications, perform system analysis and support projects based on PeopleSoft's Human Capital Management suite.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software applications to support the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management application suite. (40%)
- Analyze and assist with the resolution of technical issues associated with delivered/customized programs. (30%)
- Create business and technical project requirements; define project scope; provide project time and cost estimates; quality assurance and risk mitigation planning. (30%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience.
- At least 7 years of hands-on structured software analysis and design experience.
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience with PeopleSoft's Human Capital Management Suite Version 8.9 or higher using PeopleSoft/People Tools and SQR/SQL.
- Detailed knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Experience gathering business requirements and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with relational data base design (i.e., Oracle 11.x or higher).
- Experience with Taleo and Taleo Connect Client tool
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top