Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Job Summary: Serve on a highly active, fast-paced, and quality-oriented HR Strategic Partner team as a senior level HR strategic partner, providing the full range of human resources strategic, operational, advisory and consulting support to department senior leadership, supervisors, and staff.
1. Advise on a full range of human resources areas to include coaching and consulting on strategic HR-related issues as well as day-to-day HR operations. Functional areas may include, organizational development, leadership development, employee relations, data analytics, workforce planning, performance management, salary administration, rewards and recognition, training and development and facilitation. (50%)
2. Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of customer organization and culture, unique needs, skills, staff development and performance. Serve as a strategic partner to the customer, developing recommendations and solutions through research and best practices. (5%)
3. Lead and/or participate in design, development and implementation as well as maintenance of specific projects and contribution to customer departments. (25%)
4. Utilize knowledge of HR data sources and strong computer skills to independently gather, prepare, and analyze data and information for various reports and summaries. Prepare and deliver effective communications that synthesize information, convey ideas, conclusions, and recommendations in written and orally presented formats to audiences at all levels. (20%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelors degree with at least 8 years of HR demonstrated professional-level experience as a human resources generalist with significant experience in a strategic partner role.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior leadership consulting on HR matters, identifying/assessing needs as well as developing and implementing end-to-end Organizational Development type programs to support those needs.
- Strong project management leadership and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and demonstrated results producing high quality products and services.
- Proficiency with computers and automation tools including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to identify and utilize data resources effectively, provide analysis and articulate into meaningful insights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters Degree in HR-related or business discipline; SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
- 15 or more years experience as a senior human resources business partner/generalist in a technical R&D and customer-focused environment.
- Proven track record of leading teams.
- Experience on an HR department service team or business partner unit
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or other HRIS system; Visier; Taleo; SharePoint and advanced Excel skills; experience with workforce analytic tools.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top