Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
Job Summary: Work as a Full Stack Developer supporting mission planning and other Strategic Weapon Systems projects by building Java based web applications and prototyping future IT systems .
- Software development. Design, code, and maintain highly scalable and reliable enterprise applications using Java and modern front-end technologies. (80%)
- Perform general software/systems analysis and design tasks including execution of concept-to-delivery system design processes (detailed design, implementation, testing and documentation) in an agile system/software development environment. (20%)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of web application and web services implementation and deployment.
- Experience with developing for multi-tier architectures.
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, AJAX, JSON, HTML5/CSS3 and responsive design.
- Experience in agile and scrum software development principles.
- Strong debugging, investigating and reverse engineering skills. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidate should be capable of contributing as an individual and as a team member.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline.
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies such as Google Maps API, Google Earth, Cesium, etc.
- Knowledge of interfacing with relational databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle/SQL Server and No SQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, neo4J).
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration (e.g., CruiseControl, Jenkins), and version control tools (e.g., Git or Apache Subversion SVN).
- Current Secret or Top Secret clearance.
Security: Top Secret clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Top Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top