Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country's toughest national security problems?
Are you a creative engineer who always finds a way to overcome obstacles?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
Our team provides innovative solutions and insights to the DoD and IC. We are seeking talented engineers, scientists, and software developers to help us deliver game changing capabilities to our sponsors. As part of our team you will be responsible for the design, coding, implementation, and testing of custom embedded systems. You will have the opportunity to conceive novel algorithms to improve processing performance/efficiency, and manage tasks from system design through prototype fabrication and final integration.
As a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer...
- You will provide technical contributions and leadership in the design and development of embedded systems, including hardware selection, programming, design tradeoffs, and test planning.
- You will lead and participate in the conceptual design and implementation of advanced signal processing algorithms in resource constrained embedded systems.
- You will provide regular interface with Government sponsors, industry partners, and key Laboratory program and technical staff on activities related to the development and analysis of embedded systems.
- You will assist Government sponsors in understanding the tradeoffs between digital hardware options (microprocessor, FPGA, ASIC) and provide solutions for point-of-collect data processing.
- You will produce written documents and presentations of technical work, including system design, ICD, test plans, and technical manuals.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a B.S. in EE,CE, CS or related engineering discipline.
- Have 5 years of embedded systems design and programming experience.
- Have demonstrated experience developing and implementing digital signal processing concepts in any of the following: MATLAB, C/C , and VHDL/Verilog.
- Are willing to lead small projects.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- Are willing and able to apply for a TS/SCI government clearance. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have familiarity with RF communication systems and waveforms.
- Have experience with any Real Time Operating System (RTOS) in an embedded environment.
- Are proficient with coding any assembly, Java, Python, C#, or scripting languages
- Have prior experience working with DoD and IC communities and willingness to work on quick-reaction projects in support of the sponsor's operational requirements.
- Have 2 years of technical leadership in embedded systems development.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
#LI-BM1 #APL-DG1 #21206
Back to top