Senior Earned Value Analyst
Areyou an expert in Earned Value Management Systems?
Do you want to work on exciting Space Missions?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Senior Earned Value Analyst to provide Control AccountManagement (CAM) Support by being the point of contact for Earned Valuerequirements for a given subsystem supporting the Europa Clipper Mission. Thisincludes scheduling/planning support, cost estimating support, monthlyperformance status support, and variance analysis based on contract performancereports (CPRs). Technical leads will be available for input, but the selectedindividual will attend technical meetings and reviews in order to, over time,reduce reliance on input from technical lead.
As a Senior Earned Value Analyst you will provide...
- Earned Value Implementation – Support development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, BAC and EAC. Interact with Project Management, technical leads, contracts and subcontractors to insure that project contractual, cost and schedule requirements are met.
- Provide planning support - Responsibilities include supporting the set-up of a project plan for the given subsystem on a major Space project, providing scheduling guidance for project schedules / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Cost Estimating support – Provide labor, travel, and procurement estimates for the subsystem. Support baselining effort, changes to baseline, as well as normal periodic Estimate to Complete (ETC) revisions.
- Performance Status Support – Provide monthly status on subsystem's performance against baselined scheduled activities.
- Variance Analysis – Use contract performance reports(CPRs) to provide monthly analysis of any cost and schedule variances againstthe baseline when variances exceed a predetermined threshold.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- A minimum 5 years of experience working in a related environment.
- Proficiency in the use of project management scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Solid PM knowledge and experience.
- A background in EVMS. Experience working in the development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Familiar with the tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, and EAC.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of independent operations and attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project proficiency.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- A background in Aerospace technical/engineering field preferred.
- Experience with Cobra reporting tool, PM Compass, and EMPOWER analysis reporting tool, working towards Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top