Senior Data Analyst for Operational Systems
Are you passionate about analyzing the performance of complex naval systems?
Are you an ambitious and passionate self-starter interested in solving challenging problems and providing solutions that will impact the naval systems of today and future?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are forming a team of highly talented individuals who are capable of understanding and analyzing the performance of highly integrated naval defense systems. Your analyses of and insight into these complex systems will lead to game-changing solutions that will impact the fleet for years to come. You will work alongside a team of talented engineers and scientists, all focused on understanding and improving the performance of our complex naval systems.
As a part of the Engagement Control Team, your primary responsibility will be to analyze and model the performance of complex navy systems that support both ship and battle force defense. To this effect…
- You will lead and perform studies that investigate technical issues and performance challenges of current and future naval capabilities
- You will analyze and interpret concurrent data (live or simulated) from various interacting systems
- You will formulate the output from your analyses/evaluations into products for internal and external stakeholders
- You will collaborate with colleagues across APL, Navy and industrial partners in the conduct of your studies
- You will identify and collaboratively plan and act on long term needs for analysis capabilities and infrastructure
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you
- Have proficiency in Python, R, or SAS and at least one of the following: C , Matlab
- Hold or are able to obtain a SECRET level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government secret clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include citizenship.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a data analyst or data scientist and/or experience with the quantitative evaluation of system performance using a common programming language
- Have the ability to work independently and with multi-disciplinary design and analysis teams.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you
- Hold an active Top Secret clearance
- Hold a Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics.
- Have significant technical analysis experiences and expertise with a naval combat system or individual defensive system.
- Have experience communicating the results of your work to both internal and/or external partners
- Are proficient in MATLAB, R or SAS and Python and C
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top