Senior Compensation Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you searching for meaningful work on a total rewards team?
Do you like contributing to transformational projects?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to help us design and deliver compensation programs that support our staff. As a core member of APL's Human Resources team you'll contribute to our core purpose to build community, ignite talent and partner to enable defining innovations.
Asa Senior Compensation Analyst…
- Yourprimary responsibility will be to administer and develop compensationstrategies and programs for the Laboratory, including merit/base pay and bonuspay programs.
- Youwill consult with leaders and HR strategic partners in the interpretationand administration of base and bonus compensation programs to ensure alignmentwith lab strategy and compliance with audit and regulatory governance.
- Youwill manage equal pay program, including conducting regression analysis,analyzing results, developing action plans, preparing reports and consulting with leaders and HR strategic partners regarding implementation of action plans. Keep up-to-date on all aspects of OFCCP salary compliance.
- Youwill stay abreast of compensation changes and advise management and others ofpotential impacts and/or changes that may affect the Laboratory. You may alsoparticipate in professional associations to maintain awareness of changingtrends in compensation.
- Perform market analysis to include completion of salary surveys, develop recommendations for salary budgets, develop salary structures and salary spreadsheet.
- Youwill assist with the implementation of a compensation pricing and marketanalysis tool.
- Participate in DCAA and internal audits, as needed.
- Youwill provides support to other analysts and compensation team members as needed
You meet ourminimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possessa Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, orrelated field or equivalent years of professional experience.
- Havea minimum of 5 years of compensation experience managing compensation systems. Experience with market analysis and broadband compensation systems desired.
- Are able to work independently oracross teams on multiple projects with overlapping time frames and shiftingpriorities successfully.
- Strong MS Office with advanced/master Excel skills including formulas,charts, graphs, pivot tables. Knowledge and use of Access Database a plus. Strong technical skills to work with HRIS system.
- Haveanalytical ability that enables you to extract and analyze data from writtenmaterial, observation and communications, make statistical calculations,develop reports and systems to facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Can think proactively, identifyproblems and solutions, and exhibit a high-level of self-initiative.
- Demonstratea high level of interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively withall levels of staff and supervisors.
You'll go beyondour minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a CCP, HRCI or SHRMcertification
- Have experience with leading a compensation approach andsystem change.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top