Senior CAM Engineer
Job Summary: An unique opportunity to apply a passion for electronics manufacturing toward advanced prototypes and one-of-a kind systems that will further the scientific knowledge of humankind, safeguard our nation's security and advance the frontiers of space. APL is seeking a Computer Aided Manufacturing Engineer for the support of a high reliability and prototype printed circuit board facility. Job includes a highly variable mix of work with primary tasking being operation and support of CAM software (Genesis or InCAM) and operational support of bare board electrical tester, laser drilling and mechanical CNC drilling and routing equipment.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing Engineering for incoming printed circuit boards including rigid, rigid-flex and flexible circuits as well as developing processing flows for the fabrication area using Genesis software. Perform design checks, panel layout, coupon generation, file generation and support manufacturability reviews with customers. Generate work orders with fabrication information and support closeout activities when complete.
- Backend support of the Genesis CAM software including editing of design rules checks and the creation of scripts to automate tasks and generate coupons. Develop outputs for new equipment. Provide basic computer support for equipment in the facility. Would lead any potential change to new software platforms such as registration tools or other CAM tools.
- Interface and coach customers on printed circuit board design and fabrication design guidelines.
- Operate bare board electrical tester to electrically verify product.
- Perform as a backup operator for CNC drilling and routing as well as laser drilling.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with printed circuit board computer aided manufacturing software with at least some experience with using Genesis 2000 or InCAM software.
- Must be flexible with tasking and willing to perform equipment and software troubleshooting.
- Either some experience with or a willingness to learn and operate electrical test equipment, CNC drilling and routing equipment and laser drilling and routing equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic programming skills for creating scripts.
- Experience with Genesis 2000 backend particularly with writing of scripts and maintaining ERFs.
- Programming experience in C or Python.
- Past experience with printed circuit board manufacturing including wet chemical processing, lamination and/or CNC drilling and routing.
- A Bachelors degree or higher in science or engineering.
Special Working Conditions: Working with CNC machinery and doing basic maintenance. Occasional (once per year) travel.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top