Senior Audit Liaison
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. is seeking an individual with extensive Government contract audit and accounting experience who has the capability and aspirations to take on increasing responsibilities and a leadership role in the future.
Responsible for conducting senior level audit liaison functions in response to Government audits (primarily DCAA) and DCMA reviews/requests. Also, to conduct government contract compliance functions in support of APL management and staff including advice, development of guidance, and other special projects.
- Perform complex review/analyses/research in response to government audit requests/issues (primarily DCAA) (40%)
- Prepare responses to DCAA audit reports as assigned. (10%)
- Provide regulatory advice regarding cost allowability and cost accounting to APL management and staff (20%)
- Develop and maintain cost charging guidance as assigned (20%)
- Make Disclosure Statement changes, prepare cost impact analysis, as assigned (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant federal government contract audit and accounting experience which includes at least 5 years of experience working with DCAA regarding FAR part 31 cost allowability issues and Cost Accounting Standards issues.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex cost allowability and Cost Accounting Standards issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- MBA or equivalent Masters Degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Internal Audit or Government Audit Experience in performing compliance audits of federal government contracts for adherence with Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards and of Government contractor business systems
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top