Satellite Communications and RF Systems Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Satellite Communications and RF Systems Engineer.
- Perform conceptual systems design, simulation, link analysis, hardware trade studies, technical tradeoffs, and costing for civilian and military satellite communications and RF system design concepts for both space and ground segments.
- Lead technical teams to develop system concepts, prototypes, perform related studies.
- Sponsor engagement.
- MS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 5 direct experience in modern satellite RF communications and RF systems design, development, simulation (MATLAB, SystemVue, or equivalent) and operations.
- Experience in RF hardware design and/or testing.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Clear thinking, good interpersonal skills, and effective communications skills.
Desired Qualifications: PhD degree in electrical engineering. Experience with software-defined radios, antennas, RF characterization and measurements to Ka-band or beyond, military satellite communications systems.
Special Working Conditions: None
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
Back to top