Are youpassionate about pursuing new research to solve today's greatest challenges inrobotics?
Do you enjoyworking on meaningful interdisciplinary problems?
Do you thrivein a collaborative and creative environment?
If so, we'relooking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We areseeking a highly skilled Roboticist to help us take Intelligent Systems fromconcept to reality. We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineersfocused on groundbreaking impacts in the areas of robotics, autonomy, machinelearning, and applied neuroscience. We are looking for someone motivated tosupport research across the robotics domain with applications that strengthen nationaldefense, improve national health, and address critical challenges facing thenation.
As a Roboticist...
- Your primary responsibility will be defining and developing new robotic systems and algorithmic solutions to address relevant challenges. Current research areas include robot perception, dexterous manipulation, adaptive control, enhanced mobility, novel robotic systems, human-robot collaboration, and autonomous robot behaviors.
- You will help provide technical vision for multidisciplinary research teams to make next generation intelligent robotic systems a reality.
- Youwill communicate research vision, results, and impact to APL leadership and thebroader research community through papers, presentations, and technicalreports.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Master's degree or Ph.D. in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a focus on robotics and 1-2 years related experience.
- Have proven ability in defining robotics research problems and identifying possible solutions.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
- Are able to obtain a Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You meet our desired qualifications if you…
- Have recent experience in some combination of the following programming languages: Matlab, Python, Java, C /C, R.
- Have experience in technical proposal writing.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top