RF Systems Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of RF systems?
Do you like contributing to creative solutions in a collaborative environment?
Would you love to work with a group of dedicated technical specialists on projects that are vital to maintaining our national security?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
The Sensor and Communications Integration and Test Group is seeking an engineer with experience in RF systems design, instrumentation, and characterization. You will support research efforts for RF applications through development and execution of RF test procedures and analysis of the resulting data for the advancement of national security. You will also support the strategy for our team, whose efforts are applied to solving the Government's critical security challenges.
You will be joining a hardworking team of scientists and engineers with a broad range of proficiencies that is committed to developing and testing advanced RF systems. Our team is passionate about changing what is possible. We strive to foster a collaborative environment with world-class expertise that achieves game-changing impact. Our APL team values integrity and innovative ideas that will ensure our nation's preeminence in the 21st century
As an RF Systems Engineer
Your primary responsibilities will be to...
- Support customer's evolving RF requirements including development of test procedures, designing experiments, and executing tests to characterize system performance.
- Support the development of next generation RF Systems.
- Analyze data and interpret results, including automating routine data analysis calculations.
- Document technical work in detail and present to internal and external stakeholders. Contribute to white papers, proposals, and sponsor briefings
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess an MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- Have laboratory experience with RF design, instrumentation, and analysis.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in data analysis using Matlab or similar.
- Have the ability to work independently, exercising good technical judgment to solve problems.
- Have a strong record of successful teamwork.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are willing and able to perform work in a laboratory setting, and travel for testing, sponsor visits, conference attendance, and presentations.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date, and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a PhD in Engineering, Physics or related field
- Have 5 years of experience with RF test and evaluation.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities athttp://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top