RF Seeker Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about equipping our warfighters with the tools they need to prevail on the battlefield?
Do you love contributing to the development of groundbreaking US military weapon systems?
Are you eager to apply your knowledge and experience toward designing state of the art radio frequency (RF) seekers?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our APL team.
We are looking for an RF seeker engineer to help us develop creative seeker designs for integration into advanced U.S. weapon systems. The weapons that we develop are vital to maintaining the U.S. Department of Defense’s technological advantage over adversaries. You'll be joining our hardworking, multidisciplinary team of engineers and subject matter experts dedicated to developing the innovative weapons critical to success within complex, future battle spaces. You will provide vital contributions within a highly reciprocal team environment that values inclusivity and diversity of thought.
As a Senior RF Seeker Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to design RF seekers for conventional and advanced weapons, including air-breathing and boost-glide hypersonic weapons. You will collaborate with a diverse team of highly skilled engineers and scientists to integrate your designs into comprehensive, “all up round” weapon designs.
- You will use existing or develop new analytical tools and software to help you predict and analyze the performance of your seeker designs.
- You will conduct RF seeker prototyping, test and evaluation within hardware in the loop facilities and during live-fire field tests.
- You will research, investigate, and experiment with new seeker technologies to identify creative RF seeker approaches to meeting difficult RF seeker requirements.
- You will be responsible for assisting group leadership with defining and implementing a growth and training plan for the RF seeker section to best serve the engineering needs of our programs. Your vision and leadership will be a key component to our team's future success.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a MS degree in electrical engineering, physics or a related field.
- Have 10 years of radar engineering experience.
- Possess excellent knowledge in one or more of the following technical domains: radar modalities such as SAR and MTI; radar waveforms; electromagnetic wave propagation; RF antennas and beamforming; radar signal processing; and automatic target recognition.
- Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a PhD in a related technical field.
- Have experience with developing integrated missile avionics designs including RF seekers; target trackers; missile decision logic; and guidance, navigation and control systems.
- Have experience writing and implementing RF seeker algorithms.
- Have experience developing and integrating physics-based seeker models into six degree or freedom missile simulations.
- Have RF hardware experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
#LI-BM1 #APL-BW1 #23854
Back to top