Research Analyst - National Security
Are you passionate about solving complex problems?
Do you want to contribute to work that significantly impacts our country, now and into the future?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team in the National Security Analysis Department (NSAD) at APL.
We are seeking hardworking individuals to help us conduct insightful quantitative and qualitative analyses that address critical national security and military challenges. Our team tackles challenges like technical systems performance, operational mission effectiveness, training and proficiency assessment, real world operations, ally and partner interoperability, policy and legal concerns, and many other technical and operational factors that craft a rich tapestry of interwoven matters. Our mission is to provide groundbreaking analyses that offer possible technical solutions to the Nation's challenges and shape the long-term analytic strategy of APL. You will work collaboratively with analysts and specialists throughout the organization and help us foster a work environment that values diversity.
As a Research Analyst...
- Your primary responsibility will be contributing to and leading analyses of systems and their operations.
- You will analyze large-scale systems to gain deep understanding of the relevant policies, organization, logistics, controls, communications, and other considerations important to senior decision makers.
- You will develop analysis plans, identify effectiveness measures and data requirements, craft analytic approaches, interpret results, and document and communicate results.
- You will contribute to peer-reviewed publications and present your work to diverse audiences, including colleagues, leaders, and government sponsors.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have strong analytic curiosity and creativity.
- Have strong critical thinking skills.
- Have knowledge of research techniques.
- Operate independently in the execution of assignments.
- Are a superb organizer and planner.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Can build positive relationships with government sponsors and are comfortable engaging with sponsors independently.
- Have a BS degree in the physical sciences, mathematics, operations research, engineering, social sciences, or a related discipline with relevant operational analytic experience.
- Are able to obtain Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a MS, JD or Doctoral degree.
- Have DoD or United States government experience.
- Have an active Secret security clearance or higher.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top