Real-Time Embedded Software Systems Engineer
Summary: Design, develop and test real-time embedded and information system software. Applications include spacecraft flight software, simulation software, and software for National Security Space systems. Provide significant contributions in all aspects of software engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and documentation.
- Lead software development activities. Participation will also include significant technical contributions in the area of software requirements analysis, software architecture, software implementation and testing.
- Develop and maintain staff and schedule plans for the assigned effort.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Perform required tasks in a manner consistent with APL quality processes.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of experience developing and testing real-time embedded and information system software applications.
- 3 years experience leading real-time embedded software development and test efforts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with excellent initiative and follow through.
- Ability to lead medium to large sized development teams.
- Experience developing and managing software with established software processes
Would be nice to have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience leading spacecraft and/or National Security Space software development teams.
- Experience developing and testing spacecraft software applications; familiarity with hardware interfaces; documentation experience through the software life-cycle; spacecraft software integration and testing.
- Strong systems-level background and orientation. Strong math skills. MATLAB experience.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top