Radar/RF Seeker Engineer
- Laurel, MD
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Radar/RF Systems Engineer.
Join a team of RF Seeker Engineers in the design, analysis, measurement, testing, performance assessment and technical direction for missile seeker systems.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spentat each task):
- Serve as the Government's Subject Matter Expert on RF seeker through independent analysis and performance assessments, technical advice and direction, hands-on measurements in an RF chamber, hands-on testing in RF-based missile hardware-in-the-loop facilities, and cooperative/parallel design/development with the prime contractor. (50%)
- Conduct advanced research and development through modeling, prototyping, and critical experiments on RF seeker systems to "lean forward" and define the next generation of RF seeker technologies. (50%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 10 or more years of experience in Radar Systems Design and Assessment with an emphasis on modern antenna design.
- Experience with current modeling and design tool suites, and hands on experience in anechoic chamber measurements of RF systems.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Fifteen or more years of experience in Radar Systems Design and Assessment, an active T.S. clearance and experience with systems above 30 GHz.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top