Radar Software Engineer
Are you a creative individual who is interested in developing leading edge, experimental, next generation radar software and have experience in radar software development/engineering?
If so, please continue reading!
The Radar Concepts and Algorithms group within the Air and Missile Defense Sector at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory has an exciting opportunity available for a realtime Radar Software Engineer. We are looking for someone with experience developing tactical software for DoD systems.
- Lead software development of tactical radar software architecture. Work in a multi-disciplinary team to develop new applications, algorithms, software, user-interfaces, etc. Creative application of new software technologies to emerging radar systems. Full software life cycle: requirements, design & development, integration, testing.
- Research, investigate, and experiment with new programming technologies. Investigate use and applicability of different types of software technology for use in unconventional ways. Investigate use of different hardware platforms such as GPPs and GPUs for use in DoD systems.
- Research and collaboration with various subject matter experts and organizations.
- BS degree in any of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- 7 years' experience in radar software development/engineering including experience with any of the following: requirements analysis, software architecture, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, maintenance, support, testing and problem diagnosis
- Must be knowledgeable in radar techniques such as clutter mapping, radar signal processing, moving target indication, etc
- Must be knowledgeable in multi-function radar architectures that support resource scheduling, tracking, specialized modes, etc.
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance prior to starting
- M.S. or Ph.D. in the disciplines listed above
- Experience working in the field of Electronic Warfare and RF
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top