QPT Group Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC, is seeking a Group Administrative Assistant.
Provide full administrative support for the Miniature Device Technologies (QPT) Group which includes, but is not limited to, procurement, travel reservations and expense reports, clearance requests, meeting set up and coordination, personnel coordination, closed area and lab space assistance and general day-to-day functions and maintenance.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Serve as the face of the QPT group office. Provide daily administrative support to the QPT Group Supervisor, Assistant Group Supervisor, Section Supervisors and staff of approximately 55 engineers and scientists. Assist the Supervisors with the tracking of overhead expenditures, and other items as needed. Provide support with group staffing plans. (40%)
- Complete purchases of all supplies, equipment, and Capital for the Group. Record and reconcile all purchases. (10%)
- Serve as QPT Move Coordinator, Telephone Representative, Property Associate and Security Representative. Coordinate and enter all, office, or furniture moves. Initiate all telephone changes or requests. Coordinate all maintenance or carpenter requests. Track all Group property, update property system as needed, initiate and accept property transfers, and coordinate Property Inventory. Attend Sector and Lab-wide security meetings, track personnel clearances, keep Group abreast of security policy changes and updates, maintain classified Group safe. (15%)
- Assist Supervisors with performance review coordination, resume collection, personnel information updates and paperwork, transfers, interview scheduling and personnel requisitions. Prep for transfers and new hires. (10%)
- Assist with the arrangement of travel reservations and reimbursements – both local and non-local. Submit visit requests and all related travel documentation. Complete other reimbursements as needed. (20%)
- Schedule and coordinate meetings to include room reservations, conference bridge set up, ordering of food/beverages as needed, and escorting visitors. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent. Seven or more years of secretarial and/or administrative experience, or bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience. Two or more years of customer service experience. Strong communication skills (oral and written). Excellent people and time management skills with demonstrated team responsiveness. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Willingness to take initiative in support of staff and demonstrated ability to efficiently plan ahead, organize work, prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
Bachelor’s degree. Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly learn) APL and AOS policies, practices and procedures. Experience working with Concur World Travel, EBSS, RMIS, ECMS, Taleo, and e-Perform. Demonstrated ability to work with a large number of dedicated professionals in a fast-moving environment. Some college coursework and experienced in document editing.
Special Working Conditions: Room Facilitator of a Closed area.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top