QKC Group Office Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Group Office Administrator.
Assist group leadership team and staff with a wide range of administrative, secretarial, and programmatic support tasks. Work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. Exercise strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, good judgment in a variety of situations, and maintain a balance among multiple priorities.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
1. Proactively provide administrative support to the Group Supervisor and Assistant Group Supervisor, including management of a very active calendar, task tracking, maintaining Group organizational records, drafting correspondence, etc.; taking notes/minutes; review material submitted to the Group Supervisor for signature to ensure accuracy and completeness; assist with coordinating and scheduling hiring-related activities; and interact with senior government sponsors as well as various levels of personnel including APL senior management and staff. (45%)
2. Provide administrative support to staff members of QKC; create and modify local and non local travel arrangements; submit incoming and outgoing visit/clearance requests; coordinate various meetings, conferences, and interviews (classified & unclassified) held on and off site; and perform other typical group functions as needed. (20%)
3. Determine group office procedures; prioritize and expedite day-to-day administrative tasks, establish and maintain group files; serve as group timekeeping proxy; assist members of the group by understanding APL policies and guidance documents; keep group management and staff informed and updated on critical issues; and process tasks associated with onboarding new hires. (15%)
4. Use appropriate software applications (APL Business Applications, MS Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and collaboration software (e.g. SharePoint, Wiki)) to create and/or maintain staff planning tools, task tracking database, balance overhead budgets, labor tracking and reporting, purchase-card reconciliation, etc. (10%)
5. Assist in group office planning, moves and facilities management to include space planning and coordination of all office, or furniture moves. (5%)
6. Receive visitors, schedule meetings, notify participants, track budgets, and arrange for necessary facilities, visitor clearances, and materials. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus 7 or more years of secretarial and/or administrative experience. A college degree and 3 years of related experience may be substituted. Strong communication skills (oral and written). Excellent people skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, organize work, prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly learn) APL and AOS policies, practices and procedures. Experience working with Concur World Travel, EBSS, RMIS, ECMS, Taleo, and e-Perform. Demonstrated ability to work with a large number of dedicated professionals in a fast-moving environment. College degree.
Special Working Conditions [Travel, working in closed areas, extended hours]: none noted
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top