Project Implementation Specialist
Job Summary: Assist instrument team with technical content creation and management of project documentation and data through all phases of the instrument development process. Provide technical contributions to support the following: requirements, design verification, quality assurance, component engineering, contamination, fabrication/assembly, and I&T.
- Document creation, including generating content in a variety of technical subject matters, document formatting and template creation, and coordinating with configuration management for document review and release. (20 %)
- Requirements generation and management, including interpreting, linking, and updating requirements database and facilitating verification, planning, and tracking. (20 %)
- Manage and track instrument assembly and test documentation throughout project lifecycle (20 %)
- Support instrument lead engineer during assembly, integration and test, including creating and manipulating part tracking data, and generating/maintaining nonconformance paperwork. This task includes the overall coordination of the instrument schedule tasks across multiple technical groups on the project(20 %)
- Provide general programmatic support to instrument lead engineer, including documentation of reviews, tracking action items and contract deliverables. (20%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with/coordinate activities across a wide range of personalities and specialties.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to learn the APL systems needed to create work orders.
- Basic understanding of instrument development process, including requirements flowdown and verification.
- Basic understanding of instrument assembly, integration and test process.
- Experience with space flight documentation standards and requirements.
- Experience in technical writing and database systems. Basic understanding of configuration management principles and practices.
- 2-3 years of experience on an instrument development team.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing the systems engineering process for space flight systems.
- Task and staff management experience
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top