Program Security Representative (PSR)
Are you a program security specialist (PSR) with a keen interest in providing top notch security support in a dynamic and rich R&D environment?
Are you highly motivated, mature, collaborative, independent, and forward thinking?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team! We are seeking a program security specialist (PSR) to help us provide APL and its customers with the best special and compartmented program security support.
As a Program Security Representative (PSR), you will...
- Primarily serve as the Program Security Representative on multiple Special Access Programs and/or Sensitive Compartmented Programs, providing expertise in all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM, and other government regulations (e.g. DoD Manual 5205.07 & 5205.11Vols. I - IV, ICD 705, JSIG, RMF, DoD Manual 5105.21 Vols I-IV, and DoD Manual 5200.01 Vols I-IV).
- Interact with with a broad cross-section of staff members within APL and with individuals external to APL.
- Represent the Lab while performing as a liaison between the APL, multiple government sponsors, and subcontractors. You will collaborate routinely with all levels of APL program security leadership to include Information Assurance, Security, Program Managers, Contracts Managers, Cost Account Managers and Government customer personnel.
- Provide security guidance regarding program development/operations, assure compliance with applicable government and company regulations, develop, obtain approval for, and implement security policies and procedures specific to the program to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and participate in self-inspections and Government compliance inspections.
- Ensure facility security administration, documentation and management; ensure the adherence to contractual guidance for numerous programs and facilities.
- Advise leadership in the area of security where risks and tradeoffs have a direct impact on the accomplishment of the project, test or evaluation.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Program Managers concerning accurate interpretation, proper application and compliance with Security Classification Guides (SCGs).
- Identify and resolve security challenges and issues such as legal, regulatory and compliance concerns. Perform physical security responsibilities for several facilities.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have an Associate's Degree or equivalent in Business, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Possess 3 years of relevant security experience (CPSO/CSSO/SSR/PSR) and have an in-depth understanding of advanced security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. DoD Manual 5205.07, Vols I - IV, ICD 705, JSIG, RMF).
- Are able to develop and execute security policy, plans and procedures. Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels. Must maintain appropriate relationships between leadership in the security department as well as the principals in the supported organization.
- Possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Special Access Programs. Must also be eligible for a Polygraph examination. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Direct experience working as a compartmented and/or special program security officer. Thorough understanding of DoD organizational structures.
- Experience working in an organization with reporting responsibilities to multiple sponsors/authorities.
- Some information systems skills desired.
- TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top