Program Security Compliance Manager
Do you have a keen interest in ensuring program compliance while working within a risk managed program security environment as a subject matter expert (SME) in SAP and SCI implementation requirements?
Are you detail oriented and skilled in ensuring consistent internal interpretation of group Program Security policies and regulations?
Can you develop and execute consistent processes and procedures that ensures program compliance across a complex set of directives and varying sponsor implementations?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
Because of our rapid growth, we are now seeking a Program Security Compliance Manager that will take over and manage many of our internal security and compliance program management requirements. This is a new role that will allow the right person the ability to have an immediate positive impact on the Laboratory and will also afford the opportunity to collaborate with multiple internal and external customers on a variety of special program and compartmented related projects.
As a Program Security Compliance Manager:
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop, maintain, and monitor best practices for program compliance by revealing process and procedure deficiencies and creating paths to rectify them. Improve methods of capturing and presenting status of key compliance requirements in order to provide leadership with clear, concise data to enable appropriate decision making.
- You will interface with internal organizations such as program, legal, HR, IT, information security and physical security to influence and provide guidance on updates and changes to policies, standards, processes and controls as they relate to program and compartmented security.
- You will develop and implement cyber training in support of classified information systems to ensure PSR staff are educated on the JSIG, ICD and DoD Manual requirements for media and information systems control and accountability.
- You will develop and maintain matrices and databases that track system information, approval to operate documentation, annual refresher requirements as well as additional information as driven by varied customers. Ensure support and oversight for security assessments and authorization processes are in place.
- You will provide overview of network structure and provide cost beneficial solutions to connectivity problems. Track and maintain metrics supporting system and service acquisition, protection, l integrity for internal and customer provided communication elements.
- You will develop new or improve existing methods of capturing and presenting status of key SAP core compliance requirements in order to provide leadership with clear, concise data to enable appropriate decision making. Coordinate audit-related tasks associated with SAP and SCI self-inspection checklists to ensure the readiness of PSRs for sponsor inspections and facilitating the timely creation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) related to inspection findings and deviations. Train staff to ensure proper steps towards compliance.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess subject matter expert (SME) level knowledge of the DoDM 5207.07 Vols I – IV (DoD SAP Security Manuals), DoDM 5105.21 Vols I – III (SCI Administrative Security Manuals), DoDM 5200.01 Vol III, Enclosure (3) (DoD INFOSEC Program: Protection of Classified Information), the DoD Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) and the Risk Management Framework (RMF)/ICD 503 (IC Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation), ICD 705 (SCI/SAP Facilities), and IC Tech Spec for ICD 705
- Are skilled in determining the need for and scheduling of sponsor SAVs and/or other training/assist visits.
- Have successfully completed Orientation to SAP Security Compliance Inspections (SA210.01)
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in security administration, business management, computer science, information security or related field
- Have a minimum 10 years experience in SAPs combined with IA/IS
- Have experience conducting administrative inquiries of security violations to include loss and compromise of classified information/material, and coordinate initial and final reports as well as the necessary training that is necessary to mitigate the weakness(es)
- Possess basic project management skills and proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
- Have excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation.
- Hold an active TS/SCI poly security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top