Program Security Analyst for National Security Space
We are seeking an experienced security professional to ensure the successful execution of highly classified National Security Space Mission Area (NSSMA) technical programs.
As a Security Analyst you will...
- Assess, develop, and administer, track and report on NSSMA security requirements, priorities guidance, and support to ensure successful execution of highly classified NSSMA engineering and development programs.
- Work with Program Managers, primarily through liaison with the enterprise security department (CPSOs, SSRs, and special security area (SSA) infrastructure staff) to manage expectations, priorities, risk, quality, cost, schedule and performance of highly technical and classified programs.
- Gather, understand, and document all NSSMA security requirements, and manage each requirement as a project to completion. Work with the NSSMA to strategically anticipate security challenges and needs, and develop tools and processes to better enable the NSSMA to meet these security challenges and enable program staff.
In addition, you will...
- Responsible for managing all security requirements related to the NSSMA, from tracking and collaborating with appropriate security department staff in solving all program infrastructure issues. Establish methodologies, in conjunction with Program Management, to forecast and track system resource needs. Ensure all NSSMA principals are kept apprised of status of all work in progress.
- Serve as the focal point for engaging the security department on all highly classified security related matters that impact the NSSMA, ensuring all elements of technical program and material protection are in compliance with directives. Be part of the security planning efforts associated with determining and developing approaches to risk-based and cost effective security management solutions.
- Engage with the security and business departments to glean the best understanding of pre and post-task award, to understand, assess, and report out to NSSMA principals on the implementation of all security requirements, to include anticipation of growth and future sponsor needs.
- Work with appropriate security department staff to fulfill NSSMA sector-level SCI, SAP and other clearance requirements that keep pace with mission area expansion into the compartmented environment, ensuring, among other things that all clearable staff meet prerequisite clearance, and can be tracked back to appropriate contracts.
- Coordinate with the security department to ensure the accuracy of monthly status reports prior to briefing senior leadership within the NSSMA. These status reports will consist of information covering all open security issues, to include a plan of action and milestones to close-out the issues in a timely manner.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Information Systems, or similar field. 5 years of professional security experience.
- Have an in-depth understanding of advanced security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. DoD Manual 5205.07, Vols I - IV, JSIG, RMF, ICD 705).
- Ability to develop and execute security policy, plans and procedures.
- Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels.
- Must be adept at working with a customer location while maintaining appropriate relationships with security department leadership as well as the principals in the supported organization.
- TS/SCI clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Special Security Programs. Must also be eligible for a Polygraph examination. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
Have direct experience working as a program or contractor program security officer. Thorough understanding of DoD organizational structures. Experience working in an organization with reporting responsibilities t multiple sponsors/authorities. Some information systems skills desired.
Special Working Conditions:
Job may include extended working hours at times. Occasional travel outside of the National Capitol Region may be required
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top