Program Manager, Civil Space Programs
Job Summary: Management of project team, and the cost, schedule, and technical requirements for either spacecraft project, proposals, or other significant space related tasks.
- Lead a diverse project team throughout the various phases of an aerospace system development.
- Proposal preparation, design and development, fabrication, integration and test, deployment, and operations.
- Maintain customer focus both external sponsor and internal management, and provide timely status of technical, fiscal, and programmatic information.
- Manage cost, schedule, and risk – develop plan and approach, monitor, analyze, control, and report.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- BS in Science or Technical field such as electric engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in aerospace systems.
- Outstanding record of engineering and/or scientific team management.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and skills managing multi-disciplinary technical organizations and teams, and cultivating critical technical workforce capabilities.
- Ability to manage performance, cost, and schedule to implement spacecraft or instrument projects.
- Demonstrated grasp of the elements to consider when managing a project, including technical performance, schedule, cost, funding, scope of task, activity networking, critical system interfaces, requirements management, resource allocation, risk allocation and management, and staffing considerations.
- Experience managing projects within quality management and earned value system guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Graduate degree in Technical Management or MBA.
- Experienced as a line manager.
- Knowledgeable in Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- In-depth knowledge of APL Space Department resources, programs, and strategic goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of APL Space Exploration Sector and Technical.
- Services line management and program management practices and procedures.
Special Working Conditions: Type special working conditions (travel, working in closed areas, extended hours) here.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top