Program Management Assistant (El Segundo, CA)
Job Summary: Provide programmatic, operations, and administrative support to Program and Project Managers and their associated financial managers in support of dynamic classified and unclassified programs in the NSS Mission Area.
1. Program and Project Operations –Support the daily operation and be responsible for the overall administration needs for multiple programs from task initiation to project closure. Work with Program Managers to track the status of their program's schedule and performance. Prepare status reports and presentations for internal meetings and reviews. Create and maintain quality documentation needed to meet QMS requirements, such as logs, Task Plans and Risk Assessments. Update and reconcile detailed staffing plans and/or MS Project Plans with inputs from the technical leads. Coordinate project procurement requests and track purchases related to program and project activities. Compile, edit and review program management and sponsor meeting notes, and programmatic briefs and technical reports. (35%)
2. Program Deliverables, Contracts, Technical Reports and Presentations - Work with Program Mangers and Financial Managers to collect and review financial reports, program plans, budget spend rate, and funding increments. Collaborate with the JHU/APL Contract Manager regarding deliverable requirements and contract status. Ensure each program's contractual deliverables are compliant and timely by independently researching, compiling, composing, and proofreading
documents such as monthly financial and status reports, and milestone briefings for program reviews. Generate any custom reports as needed by Program Managers. (25%)
3. Proposal Development and Management - Assist in the preparation of proposals, including drafting, reviewing and editing white papers, statements-of-work (SoW), and proposals. Participate in discussions with sponsors to define the scope and description of work. Estimate costs using APL cost estimating systems and generate basis of estimate (BoA) for all elements. (20%)
4. POC for LA office personnel for office supplies and equipment and APL policies and procedures. Maintain fundamental IT familiarity and troubleshoot IT issues by interacting w/APL Helpdesk. Resolve any infrastructure issues with the landlord of NSS/LA Office suite. (10%)
5. Manage calendars for program staff, coordinate and participate in meetings (internal and external). Plan and coordinate special events. Provide administrative and security support to program closed areas. Compose and coordinate staff training on program security guidelines. (10%)
Associate's Degree in business, technical, or other field.
Minimum 5 years demonstrated performance in progressively increasing professional level administrative support or technical support positions, including 3 years in a program support role in a technical environment.
Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project.
Possess strong communication skills, oral and written.
Effectively relate to all levels of JHU/APL staff as well as Military, Government and outside personnel.
A self-starter, highly motivated, organized, ability to multi-task, prioritize competing efforts and respond independently to expedite quick turn-around requests, from either internal or external sources, as needed.
Demonstrated capability to independently analyze, summarize and make recommendations on process, procedures, and project related activities.
Interest in working in a team environment.
The ability to obtain a final TS/SCI clearance.
Working knowledge of business and office applications, and software programs such as RMIS, Data Warehouse, EBSS is highly desired. Experience working with a Quality Management System. Ability to survey and organize technical information and the critical review of documents for technical content and style. Demonstrated proficiency in cost, tracking, monitoring and updating program schedules, milestones and/or contract deliverables. Ability to create presentations from existing material for high-level briefings. Knowledge of Space and Missile Center organizations.
Special Working Conditions: Some travel required. Possible work in closed areas.
Security: TS/SCI preferred; ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other
applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top