Program Budget & Pricing Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Do you enjoy working with financial data?
Do you love working with numbers and spreadsheets?
Are you skilled in financial analysis, problem-solving, and have a high attention to detail?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Program Budget & Pricing Analyst to help us manage the financial operations of the Research and Exploratory Development Department's (REDD) diverse portfolio of projects. You'll be joining a hardworking team of business professionals that strive to provide timely, reliable and valuable business operations support and expertise to our customers. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with internal and external customers to play an active role in the overall financial success and operational efficiency of our portfolio.
Your primary responsibility will include handling the day-to-day financial management of the following activities.
Program Financial Management
- Provide financial leadership and support to APL Program and Project Managers. Use APL's internal business applications, in conjunction with Excel, to proactively provide in-depth analyses to forecast project costs, develop staffing plans and provide various financial reports, including actual and projected costs for programs.
- Proactively monitor and prepare routine financial analyses of projects to compare plans vs. actuals to ensure the data is in alignment with the program's projections and identify any potential risks (i.e. funding and period of performance.)
- Review, analyze and assist in the development of staffing projections and work in conjunction with the Program Manager, Project Managers and group leadership to identify gaps in skill sets required to meet project needs.
- Prepare financial reports in support of contractual requirements and per the request of customers and Program Managers.
- Work with APL's Central Procurement group to actively engage subcontractors in project planning in order to forecast spending.
- Partner with the program team to support the planning and execution of customer reviews and milestone meetings.
- Lead proposal development operations in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs). Work with the Program Manager, Project Managers and Program Operations Coordinator to assess solicitation requirements, assist in the development and review of Statements of Work (SOWs), identify resource requirements (labor, materials, travel, subcontracts, etc.) and develop the cost proposal.
- In conjunction with the Program Operations Coordinator, lead proposal kick-off meetings, collect, organize and cost resource requirement inputs, and work with the centralized procurement team to determine subcontract costs.
- Engage and collaborate with all levels and groups of APL staff including Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement, Environmental Health Safety and Technology Transfer.
- Perform quality reviews of program's business support requirements, including proposals, cost impact statements, deficit spend and pre-contract authorization requests, and other financial and program-related documents.
- Perform a broad range of business-related functions pertaining to contractual/funding issues, and government audits.
- Work with the Program Manager and Program Operations Coordinator to foster a highly communicative team that creates a defined culture for the program. This will include opportunities to support both internal and external events.
- Actively engage with leadership keeping them abreast of potential concerns, risks and competing priorities.
- Seek new innovations to enhance quality, customer service, business processes, quality review meetings, and responses to data calls.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
Have a Bachelor's degree in a Business area (e.g. Business Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance) with 3 or more years of relevant experience in the areas of financial and cost analysis, contract management and/or proposal preparation.
Have the proven ability to be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
Are highly skilled in Microsoft Excel.
Are able to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
Have previous experience in a DoD contracting environment.
Have a working knowledge of FAR, CAS and federal pricing procedures.
Have experience with proposal preparation and project financial reporting software.
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top