- Laurel, MD
Do you want to deliver high quality purchasing services?
Do you have passion for customer service and are effective at cross-functional teamwork?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to procure supplies, materials, services, and facilitate funding actions associated with subcontracted efforts.
As a Procurement Specialist:
• Your primary responsibility will be processing credit card orders, purchase requisitions, and subcontract funding actions.
• You will interact with a diverse number of stakeholders such as executives, suppliers, vendors, program managers, technical staff, and financial managers to gather necessary information.
• You will be responsible of reviewing Letters of Justification (LOJ), Statements of Work (SOW), vendor quotes and other necessary documentation to submit requisitions.
• You will track requisitions through the system and report status to Department staff, as well as interface with Laboratory purchasing staff to expedite requests.
• You will document purchase records, perform receiving function on orders, and reconcile credit card invoices on monthly statements.
• You will serve as REDD's Software Coordinator and manage all overhead software purchases including maintaining a tracking spreadsheet as well as forecast future purchases.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
• Are highly detail-oriented person with superior organizational skills
• Effectively work in a fast paced/high volume environment.
• Have demonstrated the ability to work on complex and multiple tasks independently with little supervision. Must have attention to detail.
• Have the ability to prioritize tasks, adjust quickly to changing priorities and the ability to accommodate time critical tasking.
• Are consistently demonstrating independent judgment, interacting and communicating effectively with program and line managers and external vendors.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and strong work ethic.
• Are proficient in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
• Are flexible and anticipate to administrative needs.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
• Knowledge of APL policies and procedures, specifically as it pertains to purchasing and timekeeping.
• Experience with EBSS.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top