PhD University Recruiter
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
We have an opportunity for a visionary and energetic Recruiter to spearhead and execute a major PhD campus recruiting program.
You'll work at our Laurel, MD location as part of our University Recruiting Team. This team focuses on recruiting talented engineering and applied science new graduates to support our work in essential national security research, development, and systems engineering. This is an outstanding opportunity to help shape a major evolution in APL recruiting and to ensure the Laboratory is bringing in the best talent possible for advanced scientific and engineering research opportunities.
In collaboration with the University Recruiting team and a team of technical staff, you'll serve as a thought leader and coordinator of our PhD University recruiting efforts. You´ll help formulate and execute the strategy for hiring, including leading the development of web content, collateral materials and training for technical campus representatives.
You will function as a knowledge expert on PhD recruiting and a primary liaison between University Recruiting and hiring teams, ensuring knowledge sharing, coordination and awareness on relevant recruiting efforts. You will keep abreast of cutting-edge talent acquisition strategies and techniques relevant to the technical advanced degree recruiting field. And, you´ll provide thought leadership to the Talent Acquisition Group on all topics related to PhD recruiting (across all experience levels).
- Research innovative and progressive ways of branding on campus
- Work with internal partners to identify target schools/programs and technical conferences; develop and assess goals/objectives each year
- Manage program operations to include resource allocation, budget oversight and monitor progress against plan
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to source top talent (host on campus events, attend tech conferences, etc.)
- Conduct screening and selection interviews and extend offers to qualified candidates
- Ensure Applicant Tracking System is updated with quality data while ensuring compliance
- Deliver presentations to internal business leaders, as well as, external groups
- Solve problems and produce solutions by collecting and analyzing data with quantitative approaches, identify alternatives when circumstances change and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with employment brand specialist to develop marketing materials and online content.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years of full life cycle recruiting experience with proven experience recruiting PhD candidates in a technology research or engineering environment
- Experience with University Recruitment
- Broad understanding of various engineering and technical competencies and corresponding skills
- Highly developed talent sourcing skills (e.g., candidate attraction, talent assessment, passive candidate engagement)
- Experience working with recruitment applicant tracking software in a high volume environment
- Ability to think logically and work independently
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and application of existing and emerging social media channels and technologies
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Extremely detail oriented - must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience leading project teams and managing program financials
- Bachelor's degree required.
Desired Qualifications: Previous experience with the Taleo applicant tracking system.
Special Working Conditions: Ability to have a flexible schedule and travel to campuses as needed (20%).
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top